Reporte Trimestral #3.
QUARTERLY PROGRESS RESULTS
RESULT 1: SOUND PUBLIC FINANCIAL SYSTEMS IN PLACE IN ORDER TO PROMOTE TRANSPARENCY AND PERMIT PARTICIPATION BY CITIZENS IN DECISION MAKING
Background: NEXOS LOCALES will provide technical assistance, training, and equipment to strengthen municipal governments’ public financial management (PFM) and procurement systems, which will encompass the systems and mechanisms through which municipalities mobilize revenues (e.g., taxes, fees, royalties, etc.) and subsequently plan, budget, execute and monitor the expenditure of those revenues. NEXOS LOCALES will support the implementation of municipal code reforms, regulations, and policies that contribute to improving capacity and accountability.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS/HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE 3rd QUARTER
Key accomplishments during the third quarter include:
- Revision of strategy for Public Financial Management Diagnostics
- Recruitment of long-term (LTTA) Public Financial Management Specialist, Karla Milián, to oversee PFM activities
- MOU Signings with Municipality of Cunen and Santo Tomás Chichicastenango
- MOU Signing with AGEXPORT
- Completion of assessments of Pre-diagnostic Gap Assessment
- Completion of initial rapid assessments of local COMUDEs
- Completion of selection and mapping of Macommunidades Ver más…
Para visualizar los contenidos de los documentos publicados en esta sección puede ser necesario el uso de Adobe Reader® u otro lector de archivos PDF.